Saturday, October 3, 2009

The One and Only


This my friend Jeanette. You can find her roaming the halls LCES. Jeanette is also known as...


The Guarder of the Resource Closet

The Fixer of the Copier

The Tell it Like it iser

The Hater of Glitter Pens

The Warden of ISS

A few stories about Jeanette...


1. One Halloween the 4th and 5th grade decided to dress as Old McDonald's Farm. I volunteered to be the duck, thinking who could mess a duck costume up. I mean yellow and feathers could not be that hard. I worked a few nights on my costume and proudly walked into school. I was greeted by a smiling Jeanette who took one look at me and said, "What are you Big Bird?" The name stuck and I knew then I would not be trying any more duck outfits.



2. During my first year of teaching I came across some very awesome glitter pens that I vowed to use everyday, who can pass up colorful ink with specks of sparkles in them. I soon learned Jeanette could. She was not only a secretary, but she was a friendly face from the day I started that also liked to tell it like it was.

Jeanette sent me my first real teacher document to sign for her and I excitedly pondered over the perfect glitter pen color. I believe green was the choice for the day. I don't remember the poor student I sent to redeliver the form back to her, but the moment it reached her desk I heard her voice over the intercom of my classroom.


"Um Big Bird?"
"Yes?"
"I know you did not sign this form that has to go to central office in a green glitter pen?"

"It's pretty isn't it?"


Needless to say she really did not think it was to pretty so I was sent a new form and the correct pen to sign it with.



Friday was a very special day for many reasons, we got to celebrate with Jeanette as she worked though her last day as a Leopard. The morning started off a little emotional but we made it though.


No celebration is complete at a school without food.


They are not perfect, but they were made with love!



I has one last surprise for Jeanette before the day ended.



Jeanette we love you and know that you will do great at your new job. Come visit us soon!!



Free Signature Generator






1 comment:

  1. Oh Big Bird, this is precious! (I am so glad I got to see the duck costume in person that day. I have never been the same since.)

    I can tell that Jeanette is one special lady and that she will definitely be missed!

    P.S. What are those yummy treats you made????

    ReplyDelete