Tuesday, September 29, 2009

These are a few of my Favorite Things

This February we will celebrate a very special anniversary, with our house. We will have bought the house 3 years ago. I will never forgot the night I moved in because it was such an eventful day. Meredith and I worked all day to get our things put in exactly the right spots. (This was before Earle and I got married, in case your confused)

After a long day I went to take a shower and Meredith followed when I got out. She first used the bathroom and when she flushed the toilet, that's when the adventure started. Out of the corner of my eye I spotted the shower drain blowing out of the shower and with a fire hydrant span of water behind it. Now I love Meredith, but all of you who know here know exactly what I thought the problem was.

After a few frantic hours it was discovered that the previous owners had managed to flush a kid's toy down the drain to cause a back up in the pipe. Meredith your safe this time!

During these past two years I have been so blessed to get some great stuff for our house and with a little help from our favorite antique stores we have found our own little treasures. Here are a few of my favorite things.



This china is such a fun combinations between antique and modern. I love all the different pieces. You can mix and match the designs or keep everything the same.




Last summer I was desperately searching for a white desk to go in the office. After a very long search I stumbled across this potters' bench in an antique store and it fit the purpose perfectly.
These were a gift from a very sweet student of mine last year and her family. They look great in the kitchen.

The first thing that caught my attention when I was buying this house was the stone fireplace. It gives the house so much character.

This is the first piece that we bought and it is still my favorite. It not only serves a purpose by holding our wine, but it is so fun to look at!



Free Signature Generator

1 comment:

  1. Hi my name is Brittany T. and I love to blog (and I'm good at it). My friend Jenna especially loves it that I blog. And she REALLY loves it when I show all the wonderful items in my lovely, very beautifully decorated house. All the items I have shown are her faves too. The End.

    ReplyDelete