Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Biggeset Loser

About a month ago our school was challenged by the middle school next door. The competition involved a biggest loser challenge.

The Rules:
1. Teams of three could enter
2. Weigh ins are every three weeks
3. The team with the highest percentage of weight loss would win the prize

After the announcement was made at a faculty meeting, eyes began to dart all over the room as teachers begin to pick their teams. I can't say that it is a good thing that someone wants you on their team because they probably think you need to lose the most weight.

Preceding some cut throat discussions and a mean game of rock paper scissors the teams were formed and team names were made up. Some of these include:

More to lose then you think
No Mo Muffin Tops
Wii Fat
Fatty Boom Batty


Work was all a buzz the next day as carrots replaced chocolate and strawberries replaced sugar. It only took a few days before the kids wanted to know why all of us were in bad moods ;)

Truly, this competition has been a great learning experience. I have really taken the time to research foods and what they provide to the body, besides taste. Earle and I joined the gym, where I am proud to say that after a month of working out and watching the calorie intake I lost .5 of an oz! That's 1/2 of an ounce, and that was after I used the potty too!

Though the pounds may not be coming off like I would like, I do feel better and have more energy throughout the day.
Free SigFree Signature Generatornature Generator

No comments:

Post a Comment